U.S. Open Finals
THE ONLY ROAD TO THE
WORLD WINE TASTING CHAMPIONSHIP
Teams of two compete to earn a spot on TEAM USA and win a trip to France!
Amateurs, enthusiasts, and wine professionals are all welcome.
The 2018 Wine Tasting U.S. Open Championship Finals were held at the Marina Del Rey Hotel, in Marina Del Rey, California on August 11th. The event was a head-to-head competition tasting twelve wines, six white and six red. Contestants were scored on their ability to correctly determine the main grape varietal, country of origin, wine region of origin, vintage, and producer of each wine. The winners will be invited to compete as members of TEAM USA in the World Championships held in France this October
2019 Wine Tasting US Open date and location to be determined. Check back in early 2019.
1st Place: Kristen Shubert & Lisa Stoll – 124 points
2nd Place: Gina Cook & Christine Tanaka – 91 points
3rd Place: Prem Sundaram & Byanca Godwin – 90 points
- NV JJ Vincent, Chardonnay, from France, Burgundy region
- 2016 Siefried, Sauvignon Blanc, from New Zealand, Nelson region
- 2013 Domaine Zind-Humbrecht, Gewurtztraminer, from France, Alsace region
- 2010 E. Guigal Saint-Joseph, 70 percent Marsanne, from France, Rhone region
- 2005 Barth, Riesling, from Germany, Rheingau region
- 2014 Beringer Reserve, Chardonnay, from USA, California Northern Coast (Napa) region
- 2015 Notre Dame des Pallieres, 80 percent Grenache, from France, Rhone region
- 2014 Marques de Murrieta, 80 percent Tempranillo, from Spain, Rioja region
- 2012 Melville, Pinot Noir, from USA, California Central Coast region
- 2016 Colome, Malbec, from Argentina, Salta region
- 2005 Castello di Fonterutoli, 90 percent Sangiovese, from Italy, Tuscany region
- 2014 M. Chapoutier Banyuls, 90 percent Grenache, from France, Languedoc-Rousillion region
CLICK HERE to learn more about scoring and rules.